Senior Java Web Developer
PatientKeeper - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26665-13371
Would you like to join a development team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
PatientKeeper, a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians, is searching for a Senior Java Web Developer to join its Engineering team.
The team develops and maintains a unique suite of applications that physicians use to take care of their patients. What’s so unique? In an industry where EMRs are viewed by many physicians as barrier to care, physicians love their PatientKeeper. Our applications are based on modern UI and technology standards (Java Stack, Native Swift iOS, Native Java Android).
to the Manager of Software Development, the developer’s primary responsibility
is to design, implement and support UI and server-side business logic for
PatientKeeper’s industry leading applications.
In this role you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems.
- Actively participate in ongoing new feature/architecture designs and product enhancements
- Quickly learn complex concepts and use your extensive experience and knowledge to recognize areas for improvements
- Design and develop new industry-leading products
- Enhance and maintain our current applications from the standpoint of performance, scalability, and reliability
- Actively participate in the effort of defining development best practices, facilitate code reviews and process improvements
- Champion building high quality software using test driven development practices in a high-paced Agile environment
- Experience designing and building Web applications on J2EE platform with passion for building high performing, scalable, and user friendly solutions
- Experience and appreciation for working in high-paced Agile environment
- Detail oriented and thorough in interpreting requirements.
- Knowledgeable of and have solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts, web application development best practices, design patterns, and frameworks
- Cognizant of software designs and implementation choices’ impact on application performance and maintainability
- Current with emerging Web technologies
- Able to work individually and as part of a diverse team
- Capable of mentoring junior developers
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5-8 years of progressive web application development experience implementing robust scalable cross-browser solutions
- Excellent Java skills and object-oriented design experience
- Experience designing and implementing J2EE web applications with highly optimized and scalable architecture
- Experience with concepts and tools for performance tuning and optimization, memory analysis and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of the relational database technologies
- Experience with Spring, Web Security, multithreading, and cache management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information about this opportunity and PatientKeeper, visit us at https://patientkeepercareers.com/careers/search.dot
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Last Edited: 09/21/2018