Software Quality Assurance Engineer I
PatientKeeper - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26665-12784
Would you like to join a quality assurance team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
PatientKeeper, a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians, is now part of HCA, the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth comes new opportunity, so we are searching for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer I to join our team. The team tests and maintains J2EE based Web applications and Mobile applications (iOS, Android) for the healthcare industry.
In this critical role, you are working in complex healthcare environments ensuring overall quality in PatientKeeper's portal and handheld platforms. Responsibilities include testing Web portal applications across multiple browsers, handheld applications on native Android and iOS platforms, and application integration with varied backend/interfacing systems and components. A technical background with good understanding of three tier architecture, database layer and server side components is a must.
- Software testing and delivery in web/Java/J2EE environments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work fast, and produce quality work in deadline-driven situations
- Strong SQL skills, experience with relational databases
- Good understanding of XML
- Good working experience with application or web servers like IIS, Tomcat etc
- Ability to analyze log files and java stack traces to investigate issues and identify failures
- Ability to create detailed test cases tied to business requirements
- Sound understanding of all aspects of software testing
- Desire to learn and work on complex applications
- Must be able to work within a team environment
- Candidate should possess good communication skills and positive attitude
- MEDITECH systems is highly desirable
- Healthcare industry, HL7 messaging standard and familiarity with clinical data
- Source code control system like SVN, GIT
- Bachelor’s degree in C/S or related field
- 1-2 years of software quality assurance in a Java/J2EE environment
- Experience testing mobile devices across platforms
- Experience validating software across different browsers
- Significant experience in testing of complex, high-performance enterprise software, using n-tier architectures, preferably in a software product company
- Experience using a bug tracking system like Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development techniques
- Ability to write precise test scenarios and test cases
- Experience working on client issues
For more information about us, visit http://www.patientkeeper.com/about-us/careers.html.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Last Edited: 09/05/2018