PatientKeeper - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26665-13177
Would you like to join a development team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
PatientKeeper, Inc. is a dynamic company at the nexus of information technology and healthcare. For over 20 years, PatientKeeper software has enabled physicians to work more effectively. Our applications make it easier for physicians to place orders, reconcile medications, document encounters, and record charges, using popular computing and mobile devices – activities that are critical to improving patient care and clinical outcomes.
The Dev Ops engineer will be an integral member of the PatientKeeper software development organization and work closely with each of our engineering teams to help ensure that they have the infrastructure they need to be highly productive and efficient. You will take a key role in designing and implementing the next generation framework for PatientKeeper’s software development, testing, and customer deployment. This is a high visibility role, reporting directly to PatientKeeper’s Chief Technology Officer, that requires excellent communication and teamwork skills.
The position will focus on improving existing and creating new DevOps processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous integration, test, and deploy methods. You will assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications. The role requires a well-organized, action-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work, change directions quickly, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design and implement the next generation infrastructure for PatientKeeper’s software development, testing, documentation, and customer deployment using tools including Jenkins, Docker, Rancher, AWS and Azure
- Define and own DevOps best practices for our web, Android and iOS application teams and assist them in engaging these processes
- Act as the internal point of contact for our internal teams, including application development, QA, documentation and demo systems
- Responsible for keeping current with Dev Ops industry trends, systems and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent job related experience
- At least five years of experience in a similar role, two years of which must include experience supporting SAAS applications using Docker and deploying applications on both private clusters and on cloud-hosting systems, including AWS and Azure. Your background must include combining development duties with systems support responsibilities
- Excellent command of:
- Windows Server and Linux operating system
- Apache and Tomcat web application environments
- Configuration management tools and methods
- Deployment automation tools and methods
- Docker and container management tools
- Experience with using and maintaining version control systems including Stash/Git and Subversion
- Experience with robust development, testing and debugging practices, leaning towards agile methodologies
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in complex server environments
- Experience working collaboratively with applications, network and systems teams to resolve problems
- Excellent written and oral communications, including creation of technical and process-oriented documents
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, engaging peers and other departments to accomplish assigned goals and effectively execute projects in a cross-functional environment
- The preferred candidate will have a solid understanding of current open stack web-enabling technologies including web enterprise servers on Windows, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle database, scripting, clustering and other high-availability architectures, various web and administrative tools
For more information about us, please visit
Job Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
PatientKeeper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer company
Last Edited: 08/03/2018