Manager Quality Assurance
PatientKeeper - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26665-13314
Would you like to join a Quality Assurance team delivering cutting-edge software to the healthcare domain? We are expert in connecting healthcare information systems across hospitals and physician practices to create a single software work environment for physicians.
PatientKeeper, a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians, is now part of HCA, the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth comes new opportunity, so we are searching for a Manager, Quality Assurance to join our team.
This position requires a versatile manager with significant experience in testing enterprise-scale software applications in diverse system configurations and environments. A talented and motivated candidate can quickly acquire significant responsibilities, and provide leadership in the engineering teams. The QA Manager will be responsible for assisting functional management in leading the execution and deployment of the defined strategic quality plan. Leverage resources and motivate personnel to create high performance culture. Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to sign off on product releases.
- Manage a team of quality assurance engineers responsible for testing enterprise web and handheld applications, as well as, backend components
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in testing, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Design, develop and improve test plans, test cases, and other department documentation
- Work with the automation team to increase automation coverage against software modules
- Prepare time estimates and schedule for testing activities
- Present test findings and relevant release readiness recommendations to senior management
- Act as an agent of change focused on best of breed QA processes, test methodologies and metrics
- Provide guidance, support and mentoring to assigned staff members
- Ability to build good working relationships, within the QA department and across the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills is necessary
- Bachelors of Science in information technology, computer science or equivalent education; MS is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of software QE experience and a minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Broad technical knowledge in software QA methodologies, test design and implementation
- Must possess good analytical and troubleshooting skills at both the product and system level
- Candidate must demonstrate understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to manage a team of professionals
- Experience testing enterprise software applications in the web analytics or Internet applications domain
- Experience with several of the major databases, especially Oracle
- Experience with web servers especially Tomcat
- Experience with Windows OS
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver product quality assurance in fast-moving environment
- Self-motivated, highly productive and positive attitude
- Comfortable with rapid pace, compressed schedules
- Agile experience desirable
For more information about us, please visit https://patientkeepercareers.com/careers/search.dot
Last Edited: 09/07/2018